Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cakes and other Special Moments

One of the best purchases I have made was a rice pad. At least, I think that is what it's called. I had purchased a table to display Mary Kay at and expo and the people across the aisle from me were selling home made rice pillow thingies. This one was shaped into a hand muff. Some are made to go around your neck. You know, the things you heat up in the microwave if you are cold or have sore muscles? Anyway, this thing was $30 and I had no reason to buy it really. I think I was bored at the time. It's turned out to be one of my most valuable possessions.

When I was three years old I started getting horrible leg pains. My grandparents called them growing pains. I remember different people massaging my legs because I would just sob because the pain was so great. Well, Ryan and Rachie and sometimes even Will and Glen get these frequently. The funny thing is they usually can't describe what is happening to them. They just cry and cry until someone finally figures out it's a growing pain. Two aspirin and a heated rice pad does the trick. Because mine is in the shape of a hand muff it's perfect to slip on their little legs and they sleep with it during the night. I can't even count how many times I've used this thing.

But, that's not really why I wanted to blog today. We've had a few special moments this week that I wanted to share with you. I've got some adorable pictures.

First, Tristan had his second bath (*blush*). He'll be four weeks tomorrow. He was so cute I had to snap some pictures. One of these pictures shows a diaper with a scripture on it. I had a wonderful friend give me a stack of diapers in the shape of a three-tiered cake and she wrote scriptures on each of the diapers in the cake - there had to be at least forty. This has been such a blessing and the rest of the children have really enjoyed seeing which scripture will be on the next diaper. This is something I'm going to copy. The next baby shower I go to the mom will receive a diaper cake with scriptures from me.














Second, Mom and Pops came over to celebrate Vance's birthday and they brought our absolute favorite thing - an ice cream cake from Diary Queen. It can't be just any ice cream cake. It has to be from DQ. The pictures show everyone just a little tired. Vance had a rough day at work and the kiddos were weary and Pops had worked on his sprinkler system all day. I think the only one who looks good is Mom - but, she always looks good. (I know you're reading this Mom - *wink*)














Third, I'm going to post a couple new pictures on the Absolute Best Painting website and I wanted to let you all know to go and take a look.


Fourth, the kids had crazy hair day today at AWANA and I had to share those pictures, as well. Plus...a few cute pictures of the twins. The poor babies have been getting their two-year-old teeth and their gums are almost purple with inflammation. Kael was miserable and couldn't eat last week and now it's Morgan's turn so her mouth looks a little swollen.














BTW - I'm not quite done with the house after pictures, but not being able to post them yet has motivated me to get them done this week. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

I love the scripture diapers! LOL I've never heard of doing that before! Vance's parents look great...I miss them. I have a special memory of his mom in the back of my mind, and I think of her more often than you might think! =D