Thursday, September 11, 2008

Napoleon Dynamite

I have been told by several people that "Napoleon Dynamite" is an hilarious movie. I, sort of, knew what kind of movie it was so I delayed "netflixing" it for over a year. Then, it seemed, a whole new round of people started talking about how funny this movie is.

Well, the boys and I watched it last night and we all agree, "Napoleon Dynamite" has to be one of the stupidest movies we've EVER seen. We watched and watched and kept thinking, "This has got to get better." It never did. It's also a little offensive. The whole idea that people in rural small towns are ignorant and think they're better than they really are. Ugh! I'm frustrated just thinking about it. Maybe I don't have a good sense of humor.

The only redeeming (and I use this word lightly) factor was the "Vote for Pedro" dance at the end. I love Jamiroquai :).

So, I have to give this movie a hearty thumbs down and advise you to never watch it unless you enjoy Chinese water torture.