Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Coming Up for Air

There is so much going on these days that I fear I will never get on track or caught up. Of course, we can start with the new little guy. Tristan is such a joy to me I cannot put into words. Then there's this awful chest congestion I have left over from the cold that started in the hospital. Vance is inundated with projects. We have our new septic system which should be finished soon and tore up about a quarter of our property. We have a newly remodel storage closet which has caused an unbelievable disaster to clean up. Then he has three projects going on at the same time for ABP, Inc. Add to that, he's leaving this weekend for a bow hunting trip and I'm officially out of breath.

We also started school this week. It's slow going and it seems the boys barely retained anything from last year. I know that once we're back into the swing of things they'll catch on. Will is doing wonderfully at home this year. He amazes me. Rachie and the twins are a mystery. So far, this week we've tried music time, art time and game time and it hasn't worked out the way I'd like. Their attention span is literally five minutes. My plan is to have activities with the young ones and have Glen and Ryan help until lunch and naps (they haven't really taken to this). Then once the "littles" are in bed we'll start the meat of school with Glen, Ryan and Will until they all wake up. Then there's chore time and free time. So far, there are A LOT of kinks to be worked out. Tristan, for the most part, has been cooperative.

We have another little set back this week. It appears I've given Glen my cold, so he can't help with Tristan like I'd like. And...the twins and Rachie all have some stomach bug which has turned out to be a lot of clean up. Aaaah, life :). Just when you think you have it all planned out.

The good news is I'm starting to feel like a normal person again. I can see my feet and they're not swollen. My carpel tunnel is gone. Even my face is getting back to normal and I feel like I've got energy and absolutely NO PAIN whatsoever. This is a phenomenal feeling. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm going to share with you some before and after photos. Tomorrow I will take pictures of the danger zone I call my house and, hopefully, before the month is out you will see some very different pictures. This will be a good game and motivator for me.

No comments: