Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moving On

My husband got me a dozen roses for absolutely no reason except to show how much he appreciates me. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what they're for. He doesn't usually come right out and say it. I usually start to complain about how no one could live without me around here: how I'm the only one who picks up and cooks and changes diapers and stays up late and gets up in the middle of the night and washes everyone's hair, brushes everyone's teeth, wipes everyone's butt. Then Vance gets on me and says, "Whine, whine, whine." And I do. I know it. Even when I'm appreciated I still like to whine. I think I only get in these moods when everything is falling apart.

After our week long vacation and then a training that took the whole following weekend I got extremely behind. Everyone is asking for underwear and socks again. I'm behind on laundry, behind on house-cleaning, behind on school - everything gets pushed aside. When all is disorganized like it is now it's all I can do just to maintain. Poor little Tristan has dry skin and if I don't put lotion on him everyday his skin cracks. Rachie has beautiful long hair, but if I don't brush it constantly it's a matted mess. I have to remind my three older boys to take showers, brush their teeth and hair and change their clothes or they'll go a whole week without doing these things.

I can't believe it! I'm whining on my blog :). I actually love my life. I love my family. I like sharing my life with whomever decides to read what I write and I'm glad you take the time to do it.

Recently, a VERY important member of my family decided to cut off our relationship because I don't call enough or send birthday cards, etc. I said that I started this blog so that whenever he thought about us he could just log on and find out all the goings on in the Terry household. This is why I started it. He said, "Screw your blog!" Everything I mentioned above is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the things I have to do in a single day. I know I'm not the only human being on the planet that has a full schedule (schedule is a misnomer). And that's not really a good excuse - busy-ness. The truth is I've never been good at phone calling and sending cards. I hate talking on the phone and I will not send a card or birthday gift unless I really feel I can write something good in the card or get a good gift. I won't give a gift just for the sake of giving one. The people in my life who love me and like to be around me accept this - I don't think I'll ever change.

I love my brothers. They call me often and never give me a hard time for not calling them. That's what love is or at least part of what love is - acceptance and forgiveness 70 X 7. I'm sad over this broken relationship.

I love the people in my life who, even though we don't talk for over a year, can just pick up a conversation and friendship right where it left off. Life really is short. Just ask anyone over 80. I'm listening to a study on Ecclesiastes and have a lot of thoughts on the subject of life. Once I get them all put together I'd like to write them down here.

So, I'm moving on.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Or the friends you can pick right up with after 10 years or so ;)

I'm sorry for the broken relationship, stuff like that stings so much.

Unknown said...

Vance you got a big beautiful family. Right on my man your a huge stud more then i can ever be since i had a vasectomy. Sorry I missed you when you where out I work nights and was trying to keep this boat afloat. My mom tells me you can guaranty me an elk. What do i need to do to apply for a stamp in colorado? I guess I should find that out. but if you know get back to me. You should learn how to type and use your computer. You hay seed country bumpkin. Not that I can spell or write but at least i'm doing it.