Thursday, February 25, 2010

Part 2

Well, it seems to be that time again. The kids are eating lunch and watching Curious George. Yesterday, I put four frozen chicken breasts and a carton of chicken stock in a crock pot and today I have an extremely delicious lunch. I didn't have time to do anything else with it so I just chopped up some raw veggies and served it. It's a hit! Amazing!

So, yesterday I left off on the Monday of our Trip. As is our tradition, that evening we went over to the Community Center. They have the best indoor pools complete with a lazy river, a big water slide, climbing wall and diving board and the best part, a zero entry pool for the little ones with some cute little animal fountains and slides for their size. We stayed from 6 to almost 9pm. This is one of the best parts of the trip because the "littles" can't ski so they usually stay inside all day and then their only outdoor activity is the pool. It tires them out so they sleep soundly.

Tuesday was my turn to ski. Glen, Ryan and I went up about 10am (I was kind of lazy that morning). It was a gorgeous day. I'm going to see if I can post a video. I think it worked.

Beaver Creek is awesome because it has lots of jump parks for all skill levels and the boys (especially Glen) are getting really good at jumps and slides. I was having a blast. The snow was unbelievable. I called Vance at lunch time and told him it was almost like the snow was skiing for me. I've been working out a lot so I felt so much stronger this year than last year so I was jumping and sliding and doing black diamonds like never before. Definitely, the best time I've had skiing in years! The boys kept saying, "This is such a great day, Mom!" "That was the best run of my life!" Good Stuff!!! (this video is actually from last year, but a lot of the same stuff applies :)

No comments: