Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Part 3

I've got about 5 minutes before everyone starts getting themselves into trouble again. Glen, Ryan and Will are all doing Math. Tristan is taking a nap and Kael, Morgan and Rachie are watching Word World.

I left off on Tuesday, a great day for me because I got to ski with the boys and it really was a beautiful day. My favorite type of skiing is when the snow is well groomed and the sun is shining. Of course, that evening I took everyone to the pool again. Vance doesn't usually go, but since Glen and Ryan do pretty well helping me, it's usually not too hard.

Wednesday we decided to take everyone up. So, I packed a huge lunch and got all the babies dressed and we took a small stroller and skis for Glen, Ryan, Will and Vance took his snowboard. It wasn't too hard getting on the bus, but you should have seen the looks on the people's faces. We had to take two buses to get to the top because the Gondola wouldn't have held our whole family. When we switched buses, Vance left Will's ski boots on the bus. So, I continued with everyone and Vance had to got back and find the bus we took and get the boots. Ugh! What a hassle that was.

This ended up being a great day, however. I taught Rachie to ski. This was the first time we put her on skis. We didn't get to the mountain until about lunch time so I rented skis for her half day. $15. It was worth it. She did so well. I was surprised.

Glen and Ryan worked with Will. He skied for the first time last year, but needed a little refreshing. After a bit of practice Glen and Ryan took him up on the Gondola to the top of the beginner hill.

Vance and I took turns watching the "littles" and trying to keep them from getting too bored. We bought them some hot chocolate, walked around a lot, played in the snow a little and what was really great is that every day about 3:30pm people dressed as chefs come out with a plate full of freshly baked cookies and hand them out to anyone who is around for free. The kids loved this. Once we found this out, we made sure we were at the bottom of the hill everyday around this time. It's amazing how much of a crowd these "chefs" draw - some people can be very rude.

Out of time...will continue tomorrow.

No comments: