Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, since I have four followers (lol) I thought I'd better stay true to this thing. I wanted to post on Sunday. What a beautiful day for church and family. Vance and I get to church before everyone else does so we can turn on the lights and the heat and fireplace - turn on the sound system, start the coffee - all that good stuff. This last Sunday morning at 7am we walked up to the church steps in the cold and fog. Vance looked over at me and said, "Doesn't this feel good to be the first ones here at our own church? This is our church." It does feel good to have our own work; that God has chosen us for this location and for this time.

We've been absolutely taken by this little church for so long. The location is beautiful and at night when the lights are on, the place just glows like a little cottage in a Thomas Kinkade painting. It truly is a light on a hill.

The rest of this week (and it's only Tuesday) has been a little frustrating. It's been hard to stay on task and get anything done. However, I am overwhelmed at how God has been answering all the prayers that have gone out for Vance's business and we can actually start paying off a few bills.

There is so much to be thankful for. Everyone is healthy (accept for a little issue I've been having with staying regular, but that TMI isn't it?) :) - Thank you, God for even the littlest things YOU pay attention to. He surprises me every day.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

So tell us more about the story on how Vance became a pastor again! Where? When? What happened to your mega-church? Inquiring minds (aka The Stades) want to know! haha

BTW, one of these days I have to scan a couple of things I've found at the office & send them to you...haha