Sunday, January 25, 2009

Randomness

Just some random things...

Last month a mother from our home school co-op emailed everyone to say that Chick-fil-a was doing a promotion. The deal was that whatever you bought in December you can get the same order if you presented your receipt in January. It usually costs us over $30 to feed our family at Chick-fil-a. We get a party platter of nuggets, four large fries, a large tub of coleslaw and a gallon of sweet tea. A few days ago we took our December receipt in and received the same order for free. Wow! How awesome is that! Thanks to the one who let us know. I hope to get more emails like that in the future.

I joined Facebook this week. Vance had a friend from college contact him about his 25th college class reunion and said that all his classmates were gathering on Facebook. The funny thing is that as soon as I signed up and started a profile Facebook suggested that I become "friends" with 57 people. The unbelievable thing was that I knew every one of these people. HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT? I was shocked and amazed and scared all at the same time. There's no hiding now.

I've been a FlyBaby for about four years now. (Nicky your probably the only one who understands this). Over the last four weeks is the first time in those four years that I've actually followed my Control Journal and today was the first Sunday that I was actually able to "Renew My Spirit" and prepare for the week ahead.

I picked up a new cycling class today. Woo hoo! A little extra dough in the pocket.

Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness. In every aspect of our lives you truly are Jehovah Jireh.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

What an awesome Chick-fil-a promo!! I love their chicken nuggets. Yummmmmmmmy! I joined Facebook this weekend, too, and then I made Jason join. LOL I've been trying to avoid it for months because I knew I would love it sooo much that it would be a distraction. I was right. ;o)