Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tooth



For those of you who read this and don't know Vance very well here's some insight into his personality. First, let me say that he is the spender in the family. I tend to hoard money while he can find several things he "needs" at Sportsman's Warehouse. He also likes to buy coffee, breakfast and lunch quite a bit and usually finds someone to invite so he can pay for them. I call this gallivanting. He tells me he's going to pick up paint, look at job sites, etc. but I know what he's really doing...

Well, our son Ryan has had a loose tooth for about 2 months now that just won't come out. Today he showed me that the other tooth is coming in behind it and now the loose tooth has tightened down. I had told Vance about this a couple of weeks ago and that I was thinking of making an appointment with the dentist. Today I made the appointment and told Vance that he needed to be home tomorrow at 9am so I could take Ryan in. He asked how much it would cost and I told him that the dentist told me it would be $112.

I went about my evening doing chores mostly downstairs, when I came back upstairs Vance had pliers in Ryan's mouth. Ugh! It gives me chills just thinking about it. Anyway, we no longer need the appointment and because Ryan was so brave he saved the family $112.

Vance can be so funny. Every time I say I want to take the car in for an oil change or that I need to hire a window washer or we need a plumber he says, "No, I'll do it." I just don't get it. He acts like a cheapskate on these things, but is willing to spend hundreds of dollars on camo thermal underwear with scent block.

Oh well, I'm sure there's lots of things he doesn't get about me either.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I can totally see that. Totally!

Nicky Stade said...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: He acts like a cheapskate on these things, but is willing to spend hundreds of dollars on camo thermal underwear with scent block.

Thanks for sharing! =D

Rachel said...

I know, huh ;)

Are you guys using the same computer or just online at the same time -lol