Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This was another full weekend. I've been rehearsing the choir at our church for the last three weeks and trying to build our numbers. It's been difficult in this busy season. I even had to beg Vance to sing tenor because we only had two other tenors. Actually, he did it happily. I thought everything went really well.


We showed up with all our kids at 2pm on Saturday and rehearsed with the band and the choir. We broke at 5pm to have dinner at the church then service at 6:30pm. We got home about 9pm. Everyone was exhausted.


The alarm went off at 6:45am this morning. This was the first morning Kael, Morgan and Rachie didn't climb into my bed and wake me up, but I had to get up and get ready. We arrived at church at 8am and did the two services this morning.


Later on, we went to Sam's and got home for just enough time to sit and feed Tristan. Then, at 4:30 I packed up my keyboard and went to a conference center down the street to set it up so I could lead some carols at a banquet for our AWANA leaders. It was tons of fun. Those AWANA people really know how to throw a party.


So, my intentions over the last three weeks were to be prepared for all the singing events, have my Christmas cards finished and sent out, have the house cleaned and the gifts wrapped before Christmas Eve. It looks like another Christmas Eve being up until 2am wrapping and some will receive their cards a little late. But, the good thing about that is that those who receive a late card will also get our new and improved picture.


Here it is.


Merry Christmas from the Terrys!

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

That's a great picture!

Rachel said...

Thanks, Nicky! You have no idea how hard it was to get everyone to sit together and it was a miracle that no one was crying :).