Sunday, August 17, 2008

Even More Birthdays!

Ugh! That's another understatement! I'm still pregnant. I can go on and on about how miserable I am, but I won't :) I'll just mention the few things like - this baby is HUGE, I'm swollen all over and I can't sleep. My left hand hurts immensely for some strange reason. I saw on the news last night the first person to deliver at the new hospital. They showed her in her hospital bed with baby then a nurse brought her a huge gift basket. I'm so bummed. It would have been great to have the gift basket, but mostly it would be great to have labor and delivery over right now. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow. I will ask him to take me out of my misery.


On a lighter side, we had a great party last night. It was so wonderful to celebrate Pop's 75th birthday. He got some fun and unusual presents and Valerie (Vance's sister) had the great idea of letting the kids ask him some questions about some of his favorite things when he was a kid. I really enjoyed this and Glen and Ryan did, as well. I felt like I didn't get to visit with everyone like I would have liked. I got home wondering where I was most of the night. But, it really was great seeing Amanda and Natalie and Gwen and Becky and all their families. It was a very good evening. Thank you, Valerie, for putting it together.


A very good friend of ours is here visiting. Tim is someone both Vance and I have known for over 20 years. It's so fun to have him here. Our lives are so different now, but it's almost like going back in time when you get to visit about our history together. Vance and Tim have a lot of history - I got to become friends with Tim because of Vance and he truly is one of my favorite people.


I hope you enjoy the pictures and the ramblings of a very weary lady.



No comments: