Saturday, August 23, 2008

No baby, yet.

Still no baby. If nothing happens over this weekend, I will be induced 7:30 Monday morning. I can't wait to meet Tristan.

I've had some really incredible things happen over the last two days. I was out getting some last minute items in preparation for Tristan's arrival and received a call from our worship pastor's wife. She asked that if I hadn't delivered yet, would I consider giving my testimony about how my song "King of Kings" came about and then sing it at the Concert of Praise, which happened last night at our church. I was unsure at first. I haven't been feeling well and knowing that I could go into labor at any moment I didn't think I should commit. I talked it over with Vance and he really felt impressed that it was something I should do.

I went to a short practice (for me) on Thursday night. We rehearsed my song one time and then as I was walking out Dina (our worship pastor's wife) asked if she could pray for me. Of course, I said, "yes". Before I knew it there were six ladies praying and speaking words over me while massaging my feet and hands. This lasted for an hour and I was totally blessed. Our God is truly awesome and knows EXACTLY what we need and want - even if we don't.

Last night went very well. The band really played their best. The tech team had everything down just perfect. I never feel comfortable or capable of speaking in front of a large crowd, but I prayed that I would say the right thing and that it would impress upon the people there that God ALWAYS, ALWAYS does things in our lives that are unexpected, but just because his works don't meet our expectations doesn't mean we shouldn't be obedient.

It's like the story about the man and the flood and he asks God to save him and as he's sitting on his roof he has three opportunities to be saved, including a boat and an helicopter, but he refuses all of them. When he dies and gets to heaven he asks God, "Why didn't you save me?" And God says, "You dope. I sent three opportunities."

I may have told that story wrong, but you get the gist. I believe God wants to start a revival in our hearts and in our churches and we can't look to a president to fix all the problems that are happening around us. Only we can, through the power and the grace of God. This revival may not look like what we expect. When the phrase "expect the unexpected" was created, that person must have been talking about God.

All that said, I feel so extremely privileged that I was chosen to be the vessel for "King of Kings" and the vessel to convey (hopefully) a simple message last night.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

Yay! I was just thinking about you this morning and wondered if you have had the baby yet...then I see your blog and TA-DA! You are probably enjoying your sweet little Tristan as I type...=) Congratulations!