Monday, August 18, 2008

My Apology for Complaining

I've got to apologize for complaining. I guess we all have our moments. I'm feeling much more encouraged today. I'm an extremely task oriented person and when I don't have tasks, goals or purpose I find all sorts of things to complain about.

I read this last night and I had to put it here for my record.

I Timothy 2:1-3
1 Here are my directions: Pray much for others; plead for God's mercy upon them; give thanks for all he is going to do for them.
2 Pray in this way for kings and all others who are in authority over us, or are in places of high responsibility, so that we can live in peace and quietness, spending our time in godly living and thinking much about the lord.
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, for he longs for all to be saved and to understand this truth: That God is on one side and all the people on the other side, and Christ Jesus, himself man, is between them to bring them together, by giving his life for all mankind.

The part that really got me going was "so that we can live in peace and quietness, spending our time in godly living and thinking much about the Lord." That's all I want to do! When I plan meals or school or housekeeping or visiting with friends or juggling finances - I want it all to be about godly living then when the day is done I want to spend the rest of my time "thinking much about the Lord."

After reading this I was motivated to get back to my journal and my lists. I feel more positive about the future even though we just got a notice from the state saying they wanted to audit us for last year's payroll (we've never been audited before - it's quite an unsettling feeling) and we've had to tear apart the wall downstairs because of the flooding and now our main drain has a crack and we just got an estimate for the septic system for over $11,000. All this made me feel as though God's blessing had lifted from us. But, today I called our tax guy and they said "We'll take care of the audit." Then, we received the go ahead on a large remodel where Vance will be able to work right next door and it should bring in some good funds. Even without those things happening I know that whatever we're going through God is our Jehovah Jireh!

Everyone I've talked to this week is going through some trial and I say "Yes, Lord". There is no growth, no getting closer to him unless we truly NEED him and cry out to him in all our struggles. Let us not depend on our own strength, but on the strength and abundant WISDOM of the Lord!

With God's help I can endure pain and I can wait for His timing. He has a perfect plan for Tristan Neil and I trust it.

No comments: