Friday, August 15, 2008

More of the Same

Last night Vance and I went to tour the new hospital. It is very nice and state-of-the-art. It has all the latest and greatest in the medical world. The labor and delivery rooms are huge and very modern. Their safety system seems fool proof. The baby gets a hugs bracelet and momma gets a kisses bracelet and when the baby comes near you - like coming back from the nursery - the bracelets make a cute little sound that acknowledges that the two fit together. I thought that was pretty cute. Also, if baby gets too close to an exit door, the entire hospital locks down. That would be fun to try (no I wouldn't).

About two hours after delivery they switch you to a recovery room. This is different than the old hospital where we could labor, deliver and recover all in the same room for the entire stay. I stayed in one of these rooms for a month with the twins. I took a jacuzzi bath every morning. So, when I heard they would move me two hours after delivery, my first question was, "Do they have jacuzzi tubs?" How spoiled am I? The answer is, "yes"! They also have a spa for those who want to leave their rooms and go get pampered. How cool is that?

It's going to be rainy all day today (which I love) and my body is feeling the change in the barometer. So, hopefully I'll make it until 7 am tomorrow to enjoy the benefits of the new hospital. After the tour, I was very encouraged at how well put together they are. It was nothing like the doctor's offices. The hospital is definitely more prepared.

After the tour, Vance and I decided to go out to dinner. We went to a place called Salt Grass. It's a steak house and it was very good. It was probably our last special time together before Tristan arrives.

When we got home we had another birthday celebration with Vance's parents. The kids absolutely LOVE it when Grandma and Papa come over. They got some more presents (no toys - thank you Grandma). A couple of their favorites were the books. I think it's great how much our kiddos love books. Kael likes them the most. He even asks for them when we put him down in his bed. He's a little more particular than the rest of the children. He requires a bottle, a blankie and most recently he'll say "Book?". I usually give him one of those baby books that have the hard cardboard pages. I'm such a wuss.

I've included some pictures. I wouldn't normally include pictures of myself looking so horrible. I'm a bit swollen (understatement of the year), but the kids got so into the reading of "Polar Bear, Polar Bear..." that I had to share it and it will be another good "before" picture for memories.

Thanks Grandma and Papa for a wonderful evening.

Keep checking back as Tristan should arrive at any time :).




3 comments:

Nicolette Johnson said...

Hi Rachel,
Praying for a safe delivery. Can't wait to hear about Tristan and hopefully see a picture on the blog.
Nikki

Nicky Stade said...

You look amazing!!

Rachel said...

Thanks Nikki and Nicky :) you guys are great. I can use all the prayer people are willing to give.