Tuesday, August 26, 2008

HE'S HERE!!!!


Yesterday, at 5:10pm, Tristan Neil Terry arrived.  Mr. TNT weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs. and 11 oz.  That's right, folks!  Almost 11 pounds of baby.  Vance and I are still in shock.  Believe it or not - somehow - I pushed for only 11 minutes.  The nurse timed it.  

We've had a busy evening with lots of family to welcome Tristan into the world.  Of course, Vance was with me all day, but a little surprise was that Ryan (9) wanted to be with me, as well.  Despite being bored for most of the day I think he was glad he could be there to see the birth.  I was also glad that my doctor of 10 years was able to be there for the birth.  Out of 8 deliveries he's been there for three and I'm glad he delivered the biggest and most likely the last.

I have lots more to share and more pictures as well, but I'm on another computer and am not able to figure everything out.  I've never even used a Mac before.  So, I should be getting home tomorrow or the next day, depending on kidney stone surgery, and I'll make sure I update once again.

3 comments:

Nicolette Johnson said...

Congratulations!! He is so beautiful. I am glad that you only had to push for a short time, considering how big he is I am sure you are glad too! Thank you for keeping us updated- I have been waiting to hear.
Blessings, Nicolette

Alexis said...

Oh Rachel...he is absolutely beautiful!

What a blessing!

Nicky Stade said...

Congrats!! He's so big!