Friday, September 11, 2009

I Need to Post More

I know my memory is fading and I need to be more careful with these late hours. There's so much that can be done while everyone is asleep and I tend to waste it. I should blog, I should scrap book, I should journal, do data entry and accounting, return emails (which I do most of the time), study for the next week of schooling, write songs...there are a million things I could be doing - why is that I want to spend these valuable minutes either watching T.V. or reading blogs and Facebook?

Today was the first full day of Vance being gone - oh, I hope and pray that he and Ray get their elk - Please, God!!! I know it won't stop him from going on his big trip in October, but at least he'll be happy for a year and he'll cut his hair and beard :).

Anyway, we started off the day by going shopping. I thought if we went early enough the kids would be in a good mood. Our first stop was Hobby Lobby. I wanted to pick up some more Autumn decorations and maybe some fabric for some easy sewing projects for me and the boys. The minute we walked in disaster struck. I put Tristan's carrier on the shopping cart and turned for a split second and Morgan got on the side of the cart and knocked it over throwing Tristan and his carrier and piling the cart on herself. Screams ensued. Thank you, God no one was seriously injured. In fact, I see now that those carriers are ingenious inventions. Tristan didn't get a bang or a scratch. He was just scared out of his wits.

As I tried to go down the aisle where the items I wanted were, there were two ladies who looked like they were going to spend their entire day in that aisle. Don't people know they need to get out of the way when they see a woman with seven children in tow. I can just imagine what people must think.

So, I finally get my decorations and head down to the opposite end of the store where the fabric is located. I must have said "Hold on to the cart" and "Don't touch!" about a million times. In the fabric dept. Rachie pulled a marble table top on top of herself. That was it. To the check out counter we went.

As we began to leave the building, I found it hard to believe so many cars would not stop to let us cross the parking lot. Again, if you see a woman with seven children standing at a curb - stop! But, I guess it was a good thing we didn't cross because just as we were about to, the lady from the check out counter came out and said, "Do you have another little girl?" I had forgotten to count...Morgan was still inside - rrrgghh.

Off to Sam's. Incredibly, Sam's was a much easier adventure. The geniuses that the people at Sam's are...they set up a seating area that looks like a living room where a T.V. plays a kid's movie all day long. Today it happened to be the new Curious George movie and the kids haven't seen that yet. I left all of them there except for Tristan and they didn't move an inch the whole time I shopped.

I got everything I needed from Sam's loaded all the kiddos in the car and went to Wendy's - drive thru, of course. After home and lunch and unloading it was nap time for "the littles" and time to start school for the three boys. It went well - so far, school this year has been wonderfully successful.

I have no idea what I did from the time school was over and 5pm, but before I knew it it was off to the gym. My 5:30 spin class went well and I had just enough energy to come home, make dinner, watch a short Disney flick with the kiddos and then it was off to bed for the younger five. Glen and Ryan stayed up with me until about 9:30 and even did a few little chores so they could have some ice cream...I've been killing time ever since.

GO TO BED, RACHEL!!!! and that's what I'm gonna do....Good night!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I only rarely take all 3 of mine to the store...that would be quite an adventure!