Monday, September 14, 2009

Vance's birthday was Saturday. I think this is the first time he's ever been away on his birthday. The kids are really missing him. It's hard not to even hear about where he is and what he's up to. I don't know how those military wives do it.

The weekend went OK. Saturday rained most of the day so we all stayed inside, watched movies, read books and I did a puzzle. I love to sit by the window when it rains and listen and do a puzzle. I think I got in about 2 hours of quiet rain/puzzle time before the "Littles" woke up from their naps.

Sunday was a little bit more busy. Mostly we prepared for the first day of AWANA. This year I have six in AWANA. Everyone is in different classes except for the twins. I'm thankful they're in the same class. Still, drop off and pick up was a little difficult. Tristan was a good boy, though and that helped things. I popped him in a little umbrella stroller and we walked all over the church dropping off people into their different classes. The best part about this was that Tristan fell asleep in the car on the way home and I had a full two hours to clean the house all by myself. I can't remember the last time that happened. I got the surface cleaning done so that when you walk in you get a sense that things are clean and organized. However, there's still a lot more to do.

Sunday evening Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner. Vance had bought quite a bit of chicken on sale before he left and I gave it a good frying. So, we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn and some chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. The weekend went by fast and I feel good about it.

We all have the sniffles. That's all it really is. My nose is running non-stop, but I feel ok. It's the same story with everyone else.

Today, was also a good day. Monday is a day off of school for Glen and Ryan so I can work personally with Will. We got a lot done in just two hours. I think this is a good strategy. I should pick days where I can work one on one with each of the children. After all, I have seven days a week and seven children. Makes sense...

...so looking forward to Vance getting home...missing him terribly...

No comments: