Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today was full and productive. I started the morning off in the usual way...wishing I had gone to bed earlier, but how is that even possible when Tristan wakes up around midnight...then being greeted by Rachie, Kael and Morgan way before I want to get out of bed...I'm sure I'll miss these days when they're gone...

We started school this morning with music...all seven kids singing away. Yep, even Tristan. I tell ya, that kid loves to sing. When you start to even hum or whistle he breaks out in a long stream of "Ahhhhhs". I've been teaching the kids old hymns and it's surprising, but they don't even know the song "Jesus Loves Me". At our church we're always on to the latest and greatest and we seem to leave behind the old. Vance reminded me recently that we really need to teach our kids not only old hymns, but even the old simple songs we used to sing in Sunday school like "Do Lord"...remember that one?

For a short school day we got a lot done and I was happy with what the kids learned today. I then got half the kids baths and it was off to Grandmas. I had to go to the bank, pay taxes, get payroll done and Will had a testing appointment at the library at 2pm. Grandma and Grandpa were gracious enough to watch the "Littles" while I did all these errands. This made my to do list extremely more successful :).

We got home about 4pm and that was too late to get the kids down for a nap so I started dinner and put in a video we got from the library. For the most part they were good, but still a little cranky from being so tired. I put them down to bed around 7pm and went to my Salsa class. So, everything worked out well...only they'll probably wake me up at 6am instead of 7am this morning.

I'm thinking that Vance should be back tomorrow or Thursday...

No comments: