Sunday, September 20, 2009


Vance is finally back from his hunting trip. He got back on Thursday night and spent most of the day Friday getting ready for his next hunting adventure and taking Ray to the airport. Saturday he was gone all day hunting antelope. He shot one this morning. Thank you, God! I have to admit I'm already a little weary of hunting season and there's much to go. I'm sure I'll share some pictures soon.

For now, I have a picture of the kids from their second week at AWANA. Kael and Morgan earned their vests and bags by reciting their verses. We worked on them all week. "God loved us...and sent His son." I John 4:10. They also had to remember the Cubbie motto which is "Jesus loves me" and "While we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. Everyone recited all their verses and received their awards. Glen and Ryan are working hard on their own to earn extra awards. Will went even further than we practiced and Rachie didn't clam up this week. I'm so proud of all of them.

I also have a picture of our latest harvest. I made homemade salsa this weekend with our garden fresh tomatoes and onions. This is the first year I've been somewhat successful at gardening. I have a long way to go.

I'm also including a photo from our latest nature study outside. Let me know what you think...:)

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

Congrats on the successful hunt and to the little ones! Emily is in Daisies at church and she is working toward her first badge. =)