Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween '08

It seems every time I sit down to write this blog I want to let out a big sigh. Hence, the title of my last post.

Tonight was Halloween and we went everywhere. There's a retreat center down the street that does a mild haunted house. Creepy yet the little ones could stand it...they also have a route around all there cabins that are rented out by local businesses and they hand out candy. They also have a game room where they can win candy. We walked around (without Vance) for almost an hour.

Then, we went up to Vance's sister's neighborhood and dropped of Tristan at their house. I thought he would sleep, but it turns out she ended up having to hold him for 45 minutes while we were out trick or treating. Sorry, Valerie :).

Each of these places was very tiring because the twins walked so extremely slow. Both of their costumes hindered their movement. But, they were so cute. Just about everyone stopped to say so and some took pictures.

Our next door neighbors and dear friends invited us over for dinner. We arrived over an hour late. The dinner was excellent and the kids had a blast playing with their kids.

Finally, we got home and everyone was in bed at 10pm. I hope this means I get to sleep in tomorrow morning, but I doubt it. That's ok - I'm still young :).

Enjoy the pictures.
They all gathered round to see me carve a pumpkin in less than 15 minutes. A new record. We copied uncle Stephen's pumpkin. He sent us pictures from Germany.
Glen was a cowboy, Ryan -Zorro, Will - a fire fighter, Rachie and Morgan were both princesses and Kael was a puppy dog. All of these costumes were hand-me-downs. I didn't spend a penny this Halloween. Woo hoo!

This is Vance trying to keep Morgan out of a strange person's house.

No comments: