Sunday, October 26, 2008

**sigh**

So...I've had a few people ask me, "What's going on? Are you alright?" It's been two weeks since I've posted anything. It's been busy, busy, busy. I almost can't tell you why. I look back on the last two weeks and try to remember what I've done and I can barely think.

To start, Vance, Glen and Ryan were away on a hunting trip. That was hard. Thank you, Mom for helping. I think I would have gone crazy without you. I don't think I'll approve my three biggest helps leaving all at once again anytime in the near future. I think that was a run-on sentence :).

They got back on Tuesday evening. Wednesday we had a couple of dramas one having to do with missing men from the hunting trip and the other having to do with an email Vance sent out to put someone in their place. No one died in either event. That night I had choir practice, which I prepared all day for and very few showed up.

Thursday I prepared all day - cleaning and cooking because we were expecting friends who we've been working through some life issues. They didn't make it.

Friday I prepared all day for a dance class that I was substituting for that evening. Saturday and Sunday I was on worship. I got to church at 2:30 on Saturday and basically got home at 2:30 on Sunday. Then I got everyone ready for AWANA at 3pm. Pick up everyone at 5pm then had a little birthday party for Rachie with Mom and Pops. Trying to fit nursing an infant on this day was tricky.

I thought Monday would start a much easier week. Since I didn't have anything "planned" I thought I would start a few projects at home. The boys had off the previous week because of the hunting trip and all the neighbor kids on fall break. So, I wanted to make sure they got a lot of school work done this week. We did pretty well. I also had about 10 loads of laundry waiting.

Vance worked late every night. I had a meeting at Chick-fil-A on Tuesday morning which gave me an ulcer. Trying to talk to someone while watching 9 kids between us didn't go too well. I called in sick on Wednesday :). Thursday I prepared the house and the meal again. This time almost all of them made it. Friday was my first time out to eat with couples - date night - in 8 weeks. This was actually fun.

8am Saturday morning I taught a cycling class. My first since having Tristan. I was dying through the whole class. I ran a bunch of errands immediately after the class. Sam's was the first stop, then Goodwill to drop off stuff, the bank, the post office, Albertson's for stuff you can't get at Sam's then home. I took a two hour nap. When I woke up everyone, but the twins and Tristan were gone. I took some Tylenol and went to work on finishing my projects.

Today is Sunday again and I finished several of my house projects. We had another meeting cancellation so that will free up time to watch the World Series. Today was dress up like a Noah's Ark character at AWANA so that took some preparation. Along with helping Glen make up a board game and practicing verses with Will, Rachie and Ryan. Vance gave me four estimates and four invoices to type up...

...and that brings you up-to-date.

Now, I'm sitting here typing this blog. The twins are napping and Tristan is telling me he's hungry.

Here are some pictures. Enjoy.




1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

Wow, your blog made me tired just reading it! You are an amazing woman. Really. =)