Thursday, October 2, 2008

An ode to Tristan

The things I love about Tristan are broad and a little weird. Some of the obvious things are the cooing sounds he makes - his little feet (I love to kiss them) and little hands. I love to nurse him because he loves to nurse. He knows when I'm around and turns his head toward my voice. It's funny - I think he likes it when I shout.

I love the smell of his poop - I can just imagine your faces as you read that one. It's sweet and almost smells like popcorn. I love to change his diapers.

I love the way his arms pop up and straighten when he feels a little insecure. Like, when I put him in the water at bath time or lay him on the floor.

I love to kiss his little mouth - his breath smells sweet, too. Like a better version of the poop.

He's started to really focus on my face now. I can tell he's trying to smile, too. I want to record every smell, every expression and the feel of his soft feet and his little cheeks.

He's such a good boy. I hope I can remember everything.

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

Cute! I used to love the smell of Joey & Emily's farts...until they started solids. LOL I think it had something to do with their breastmilk diet, because Matthew never had good smelling farts...ROFL

Rachel said...

ha! i'm really laughing out loud (LOL) - what is ROFL?