Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkins

We went to Sam's the other day and got these HUGE pumpkins. I love fall. It's becoming my favorite time of year. Summer used to be, but without the beach nearby it's not the same.


The trees are changing colors around here and it's absolutely beautiful. We're fortunate to have mild weather, too. Usually, Halloween brings snow. Either right before or right after. We're reading Spookley the Square Pumpkin and watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.


I remember one year we went to Illinois to visit friends and we went to a farm with a pumpkin patch. They had this wonderful barn filled with seasonal decorations (mostly Christmas) and they had cider bubbling. You could smell cinnamon and eucalyptus. There were Christmas trees and pumpkins and everything else you could imagine to decorate your home. It was filled to the rafters. Every fall I think of that place and how rustic and beautiful it was.


Slowly, but surely, I'd like to make my home look like that for all the holidays starting with Halloween.


Here are some pictures of the twins right after a bath with those HUGE pumpkins.

No comments: