Friday, November 14, 2008

I've rec'd three Pampered Chef invitations this week. I'm sorry ladies, but the budget for items for the kitchen is empty. As many of you know, I've been selling Mary Kay for 6 years. Business has been slow these last couple of months. I know quite a few ladies who have started similar home businesses because times are tight. This is a difficult time to start such a business and I hope these women will be wise about how much they invest and are realistic about their goals. In times like these it will take some time to build a customer base and turn a profit. There's my two cents.

I'm learning a lot these days about patience and grace. I've been emotionally distraught these last two weeks. I'm having to squeeze out every inkling of trust in God that I can. I have to say my verses over and over...He is for me, he is for me. And I'm really not saying it for myself. I think I've taken up an offense for a brother. I guess when you see a brother mistreated it's easy to think that that same mistreatment could happen to you.

I have some dear friends with whom I'm writing and recording songs. One we're working on is called "Vindicate Me". I love just saying those words. When there's anger over unfairness or being overlooked I want to cry out "Vindicate me, my God!" I'm working through issues of frustration - frustrated that men in leadership in the church do not value women in leadership as they should. I believe they use the Word to use women. Work your butts off but, we'll give you no real value or responsibility or say.

I'm ranting a bit, butt where is there a better place to do it? That's what blogs are for, right?

Here's a lighter side...

CHRISTMAS TREASURES OF THE HEART

One Starry Night

Five hundred years ago Martin Luther, German leader of the Protestant Reformation, began the custom of decorating Christmas trees.

While walking through the woods one beautiful starry night near Christmas Eve, Luther gazed at a large evergreen tree illuminated by the starlight. He was struck by the incredible sight, which reminded him of the night the angels appeared to the shepherds in Bethlehem, announcing the birth of the Christ Child.

He cut down a small pine tree and brought it home. There Luther decorated the tree with lighted candles, which he told his wife and children represented Jesus Christ, the Light of the World. From that small beginning, the popular custom of decorating trees spread through out Europe and later into America. Early trees were also decorated with small candies and cookies, paper and glass ornaments.

Carefully picked and trimmed with tiny lights - festooned with homemade ornaments and those from friends and travels - our family Christmas tree is more than just decoration it's full of memories and shines forth as a symbol of God's love for us.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

That's so funny about Pampered Chef! It must be popular right now! =D