Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Update

Wow! What a weekend. I was on worship again this weekend. I believe our church is really growing again. Saturday night's service was overflowing and we had people sitting out in the lobby. The first service Sunday morning was packed as well. I think it was possibly 2700 to 3000 people this weekend. It was definitely more than that if you count all the children and closed classes.

I believe people are realizing that there is only one place to be in these tumultuous times; in the presence of the One who has overcome it all.

I enjoy being a part of this ministry, but I was exhausted yesterday. I felt like I could barely stand. I really need to start working out more and build up my stamina.

CHRISTMAS TREASURES OF THE HEART

Give the gift of kind words today!

Encouraging words can change someones whole perspective and work a miracle:

Loving words will cost but little,
Journeying up the hill of life;
But they make the weak and weary
Stronger, braver, for the strife.
do you count them only trifles?
What to earth are sun and rain?
Never was a kind word wasted;
Never was one said in vain.
- Anonymous

This reminds me of a time when I was complaining to someone how tired I was because I was waking up at least every two hours with the twins to nurse. They seemed to play tag team. One would wake up and I would nurse and get him/her back to sleep then the other would wake. The person I was complaining to said that she would love to wake in the middle of the night because she missed her child and longed to hold him. Just that simple statement changed my whole perspective.

This weekend that same woman was watching Tristan in the nursery at church. She mentioned this thought again and I told her I remembered when she shared that with me before and how much it had effected me. She was surprised and thanked me for sharing that with her. She was so glad that God had used her in such a simple, but powerful way.

You never know how people are effected when you say something in love and kindness.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks for the update - where are you going to church now?

Rachel said...

We've been at Mountain Springs Church for almost 10 years now. When we started there were just under 200 people. There's been lots of ups and downs and hurts, but MSC is our church. They'll have to kick us out to make us leave.