Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Whom Shall I fear?

Well, we lost. I have to admit I was up most of the night last night worrying. I had to remember every verse I could in the Bible that said that "if God is for us, who can be against us?" "Do not worry about tomorrow," "whom shall I fear", "He will never leave us nor forsake us." The problem is - it's one thing to be disenchanted with your country, it's another to be disenchanted with your church and ours in on the verge of really letting many people down. Vance and I have been awake praying for the last three nights. We're not getting any sleep because we are worried and crying out to God. I know He is in control, but it's at times like these when the Body of Christ needs to pull together, not be torn apart. "In this world we will have trouble, but take heart, He has overcome the world." There's so much more in my head, but it's good to get it out.

Anyway...we have exactly 50 days until Christmas. I want to make the most of this time and make it special for me and my family. I have a book called "Christmas Treasures of the Heart" - A collection of Heartwarming Stories and Traditions and I thought I would share one of these stories and traditions each day until Christmas.

Here's the first...

HOLIDAY FIESTA

Brown ground beef and drain. Arrange in colorful bowls: chopped tomatoes, chopped black olives, onions, picante sauce, guacamole, pinto and kidney beans. In a large bowl put lots of chopped lettuce, and fill a sombrero with tortilla chips. Provide warm flour and corn tortillas, rice and refried beams. Let each person make his own fiesta salad and burritos.

Hang a pinata, play Spanish music, and read a Christmas story from Mexico to enjoy a "South of the Border" evening. Serve pralines for dessert and enjoy!


What a great way to reuse the Halloween candy we still have laying around - by putting it into a pinata. We even have a VBS fiesta CD. I think our family will have a lot of fun with this one. We'll try it this weekend.

It would be fun to hear from anyone else who does this, too.

No comments: