Thursday, July 31, 2008

Looking Forward

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my posts. It's so much fun to know that you all are reading my sometimes meaningless writing.

It's been a few days since I've posted and I've found that my blog roll does not update to see who has posted something new unless I post myself.

We've been busy with swim lessons - at the pool everyday. All of us have extreme tan lines. I've gone through three bottles of SPF 45 on everyone, but we're still getting a lot of sun. You all at sea level may not know, but the sun is more intense the closer your are to it :). It's been in the nineties for almost two weeks, which feels like triple digits.

When I was young, I used to go to the beach as much as possible and lay out with baby oil on my skin then douse myself with aloe at night. I recently had a phone call from my brother in Germany and he reminded me that I used to ditch school and have him ditch with me just so I could go to the beach and not get in trouble for it. Those days are long gone. I fight for the shade now. I would never have dreamed of using SPF 45 then. Hopefully, I won't pay for my baby oil days.

This post is a bit of a ramble. I've planned quite a few posts, but don't have time to put them together the way I'd like so, here's what I'm thinking...We watched an absolutely beautiful movie tonight called "Miss Potter". It's a lovely movie about the life of Beatrix Potter. I'd like to put a review up and suggest all who haven't seen it to Netflix it (or whatever you do) today.

I've also got a ton of fun pictures from our swimming days over the last two weeks and I can't wait to share them...Then, someone gave me this great idea to share some of the things that children say to each other. Example: A couple of weeks ago I had a very good friend over that I hadn't seen in years. Our children had never met and, as usual, I gave all the kids a lecture about being on the best behavior and being good examples. Ryan then inquires of my friend's youngest daughter, "May I know your name?" I think if I start a roll on the things children say to each other, Ryan will be on the list most often.

Look forward to the upcoming posts.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Everywhere I go people comment on my tan or the kids'. It makes me laugh. I use high spfs on all of us too...but we have a pool. So we are out in it all day...

I still love the sun and the water...