Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Space

Everyone I know who has their own website or blogs has a My Space page. Since being on Blogger and viewing blogs on Typepad and WordPress, etc. I've found I like these types of web pages much better. I guess sites on FaceBook and My Space are more for social networking. My opinion may change after I've given blogging a full year, but actual written blogs, keeping a record and communicating with friends and family all at the same time is more appealing than just pictures and profiles.

Now, I know I've subjected myself to a tutorial from those of you who've been doing this a lot longer than I. I welcome it. The more knowledge I have; the better off I am.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I like both for very different reasons.

Myspace (hate facebook) is a good place for mass pictures and minor updates. At least for me. I use my blog to put stuff "out there" that I think has some bit of actual "importance" or significance.

And you can dump hundreds of pictures there. It's like the slide shows of the olden days...but you can do it across the country.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the tip, Alexis. I guess I'm not cut out for the MySpace thing. I've been on it the last couple of hours - it's unbeleivable the networking...like finding Mike Zacs, remember him? Anyway, I can't get passed the messiness and all the ads.